It’s that time of year in the Texas Panhandle, the North winds bring down sub-freezing temps and we all shiver. Following these simple tips will keep your home cozy this winter while not emptying out your savings.
- Turn down the thermostat Keeping your home around 68 degrees will keep you comfortable while reducing your heating costs.
- Clean heat sources Having your furnace serviced regularly by a professional will reduce energy costs and prolong the life of your heating system. Also changing air filters will improve efficiency as well as protect your system.
- Rearrange the Furniture Make sure couches, beds, and furniture are not blocking the vents. Allowing the air to flow freely through the house will improve comfort.
- Properly insulate the attic and wallsProper insulation will keep the heat in your home not allowing it to escape into the cold outside.
- Check air ducts for leaks Have a professional inspect your duct work for leaks. Gary’s heating and air checks duct work on every service call. Properly sealed ductwork will not only save you money but also keep your home cleaner by not allowing dust and dirt to be sucked into the ductwork.
- Dress for the weather Adding an extra layer will keep you warmer while allowing you to turn down the thermostat and stay comfortable.
These simple tips will help keep your family comfortable during the winter and help save on your energy bills. Remember to always call a professional to service and maintain your heating system and check the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector.