Ductless Mini-Splits in Amarillo
Cool or Heat Each Room Individually with a Ductless Mini-Split System
A ductless mini-split presents homeowners with an attractive alternative to conventional HVAC central systems and unattractive, noisy window units. A ductless air conditioner is well suited for applications where installing ductwork is cost prohibitive or impractical. Offering exceptional efficiency and comfort, ductless systems are a great choice for those looking to heat and air condition targeted areas or specific rooms. Our team at Gary's Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. can answer your questions about ductless mini-split systems.
How Ductless Split Systems Work
Conventional air conditioning and heating equipment are complex. Sometimes building designs are modified to accommodate the demands of ductwork and other air distribution components. Improper duct sizing and leakage can significantly degrade system performance and efficiency.
In a ductless split system installation, the duct network is completely eliminated. Every mini-split is a self-contained, quiet heat pump or air conditioner unit. The indoor air unit is housed in a stylish cabinet that can be installed on an interior wall or in the ceiling while the condensing unit is located outdoors and away from the living area.
Ductless mini-split AC and heat pump units provide architects and engineers with exceptional design versatility. The strategic placement of individual air handlers in various rooms establishes point-of-use heating and cooling options so the temperature can be tailored to each family member's preferences.
Single-Zone Split System Applications
Mitsubishi Electric manufactures ductless mini-split systems in sizes ranging from 9,000-18,000 BTU capacity. Units are available with efficiencies up to 30.5 SEER, which is substantially higher than the most advanced central air conditioners.
Single-zone split systems are particularly effective in the following applications:
- Bonus rooms
- Garage conversions
- Room additions
- Uncomfortable bedrooms
- Media rooms
- Attic conversions
- Sun rooms
- Basement build-outs
Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
There are many reasons to consider installing a ductless split system that relate to comfort, efficiency and flexibility:
- Ease of Installation: Since ductwork is unnecessary, a ductless split system is easier and quicker to install.
- Improved Efficiency: The air handler in a ductless system is positioned inside the room, so there is no loss of efficiency during the air delivery process. Mitsubishi Electric ductless mini-splits incorporate inverter technology, which regulates the compressor to precisely match the prevailing indoor load.
- Better Comfort: Every unit in a ductless configuration operates independently, so the temperature in each zone can be matched to the occupant's preferences. Remote control thermostats are included with every system.
- Effective in Low Temperatures: Unlike conventional heat pumps, Mitsubishi Electric ductless Hyper-Heat systems provide full heating capacity down to five degrees Fahrenheit outdoor ambient.
- Perfect for Older Homes: Older homes often present serious structural challenges when replacing an aging HVAC system. Ductless mini-splits adapt to existing conditions and usually require minimal construction modifications.
Your Satisfaction Is Guaranteed with Gary's Heating and Air Conditioning
Cool or heat any room in your home with an attractive, efficient ductless mini-split system. The pros at Gary's Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. can help you select the perfect mini-split for a single room or your whole house.
Call us today at (806) 318-1337 to learn more about our heating and air conditioning Services In Amarillo.