Indoor Air Quality Services In Amarillo
Amarillo Residents Breathe Easier with Our Indoor Air Quality Services
Modern construction standards include requirements for perimeter sealing, which restricts the amount of fresh air entering your home. Over time, contaminants accumulate in the indoor environment, which can create a health hazard for family members and those with respiratory ailments. Gary's Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. offers indoor air quality services for clients in Amarillo.
A Whole-House Approach to Indoor Air Quality
At Gary's Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., we understand your family's health and well-being are your highest priorities. If you believe your home may be suffering from poor indoor air quality (IAQ), we can develop a strategy that will eliminate foul smells, toxic pollutants and other airborne irritants.
Components of this strategy may include:
- Air Purifiers: Central air filters are the most critical part of an effective IAQ system. There are a variety of different configurations, including fiberglass, pleated, cabinet, electrostatic, and electronic air cleaners. A filter's effectiveness is measured by its minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) rating, which identifies the quantity and size of particulate matter the filter will trap over a given time. Always check with a professional HVAC technician to determine if your equipment has enough static pressure to handle a high-efficiency filter.
- Humidifiers: When the air is excessively dry, microscopic contaminants remain airborne and are constantly re-circulated through your HVAC system. Central humidifiers work with your heating and cooling equipment to introduce a specific amount of atomized mist or steam when the indoor humidity falls below a healthy threshold.
Benefits of Healthy Indoor Air
There are many important benefits associated with keeping the living area in your home contaminant free:
- Better Health: Constant exposure to airborne irritants can aggravate respiratory conditions such as allergies, asthma, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD). Young children and the elderly are especially vulnerable.
- Improved Equipment Performance: When the indoor air is unhealthy, dust gets pulled into your ductwork, and some of it begins to build up on vital HVAC system components. Over time, this can degrade efficiency and shorten the life of your equipment.
- Less Cleaning: When harmful contaminants are filtered out of the air, there is less dust to settle on your floors and furniture.
Finding the Best IAQ Solutions
At Gary's Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., we recognize the importance of keeping the air inside your home healthy. We guarantee your satisfaction!
Call us today to learn more about the different products and services designed to keep your home clean and smelling fresh in all seasons.